A GMU is a remote terminal unit specifically designed to operate in challenging environments. It can be powered in any location supporting AC, DC or solar power. GeoGuard Cloud can remotely manage the units via two-way communication. The GMU unit contains:
- Processing Module: it includes microprocessor unit and local storage unit;
- Communication Module: it includes the communication features with Ethernet, GSM/3G LTE and M2M radio connections;
- Positioning Module: t features a L1 GNSS receiver (GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BeiDou constellations) and a 3-Axis MEMS accelerometer;
- Sensing Module: it features digital, analog I/O and an industry standard communication bus to connect and monitor any sensor the specific application might require;
- Power Module: it provides power supply by alternate current (AC) and direct current (DC) from different sources, including photovoltaic panels.
GMU can create an autonomous local network, linked to the GeoGuard Cloud through a single point of external connection (GW).